tirsdag den 11. august 2015

Introduction

I will try to write every post in both English and Danish, starting with English.
Jeg vil prøve at skrive alle indlæggende på både dansk og engelsk. Den danske udgave af indlægget findes derfor længere nede.

On this blog I will post pictures and stories from my adventures in Ecuador, as I am going to volunteer in Ecuador. If I have internet access and the time to do it I will try to post regularly.
I will leave in less than a week on Monday the 17th at 6 o'clock in the morning.

I will stay in Ecuador for a year and I will be travelling with an organization named ICYE (International Culture and Youth Exchange). You can access their international web page on www.icye.org and the Danish organization's web page on www.icye.dk

My host organization in Ecuador is named VASE/ICYE Ecuador (Voluntariado Para La Ayuda Social Del Ecuador), and I will be working on a project named Fundación Sembrar Ezperanza. I will live in an apartment owned by the project and I will be working in the north of Quito, the capital of Ecuador. The project is a kindergarten and the description of my role as a volunteer is:
"The volunteer’s tasks would be to prepare teaching material for the children’s English classes that he/she gives together with the teacher. Other tasks are playing with the children and help to do some sports. If the volunteer is musical, he/she should as well help with the music class."

When I arrive in Ecuador, I will be picked up at the airport, and the first couple of days in Ecuador I will have orientation. Afterwards I will have 2 weeks of Spanish classes, which will be a good start as I have a very limited knowledge of Spanish.

I really look forward to leaving and the next couple of days will be spend trying to pack.
Link: http://www.lejournalinternational.fr/photo/art/grande/6014304-8968346.jpg?v=1383504608 
A picture from the beautiful country of Ecuador
Et billede fra Ecuador


På denne blog vil jeg, såfremt jeg har internetadgang, forsøge at lægge billeder og historier fra min tid i Ecuador op. Jeg rejser allerede klokken 6 mandag den 17. august og har derfor under en uge tilbage i Danmark.

Jeg skal være i Ecuador i et år, og jeg rejser dertil med en organisation kaldet ICYE (International Culture and Youth Exchange). Den internationales organisations hjemmeside er www.icye.org og den danske organisations hjemmeside er www.icye.dk.

Den ecuadorianske organisations hedder VASE/ICYE Ecuador (Voluntariado Para La Ayuda Social Del Ecuador). Jeg skal arbejde på et projekt der hedder Fundación Sembrar Ezperanza og skal bo i en lejlighed ejet af projektet. Projektet ligger i den nordlige del af Quito, der er landets hovedstad.
Projektet er en børnehave og mit arbejde som volontør kommer til at bestå i at forberede undervisningsmaterialer til dem samt at sørge for at børnene har det godt og kan lege/dyrke sport.

Når jeg ankommer til Ecuador, bliver jeg hentet i lufthavnen, hvorefter jeg de første par dage er på ankomst, hvor jeg får information omkring landet og andre vigtige oplysninger. Herefter har jeg to ugers sprogkursus, hvor jeg skal lære det mest bassale spansk, eftersom jeg kan meget lidt spansk. 

Jeg glæder mig rigtig meget til at rejse og de næste par dage skal bruges på at pakke, så jeg ikke skal stresse med det natten til mandag.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar